Sometimes it feels at a dead end, and then you have to ask for advice from the person that you appreciate a lot. Let Jane Austen offer wisdom and solace.
Sortes means “divination, or the seeking of guidance, by chance selection of a passage in the Bible or another text regarded as authoritative.” Now I am looking for an answer a few questions what are woken up in my mind during the past week. The book that I used was Pride and Prejudice. The answers I got are very specific to the writer.
- If you wrote a blog, what would you write about?
“A girl likes to be crossed a little in love now and then. It is something to think of.”
- I have a backlog of schoolwork. How do I get started?
“My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them.”
- Summer is almost here. What should I wear?
“No lace. No lace, Mrs. Bennett, I beg you!”
- I have not written anything for a long time.What can I write about?
“My style of writing is very different from yours.”
- What I could say to women who talk their private matters to the phone on the bus with a loud voice?
“From all that I can collect by your manner of talking, you must be two of the silliest girls in the country. I have suspected it some time, but I am now convinced.”
- Dear Miss Austen. Would you like to say something else?
“I will not torment you with vain wishes, which may seem purposely to ask for your thanks.”
- But really, something more?
“Know your own happiness. You want nothing but patience- or give it a more fascinating name, call it hope.”